Last month, I was the Queen Bee in the Modern Irish Bee. This is a scrappy Bee and we use our own stash to make the blocks which I am really enjoying. I decided on a Spiderweb block as I've wanted a spiderweb quilt for the longest time. I asked for bright, bold strips of fabric against a grey, low volume central star, and I also asked that the strips forming the star all from one colour group on each block, to highlight the secondary pattern of stars. Like this:
I used Heather's tutorial which is really easy and fun to make. In the last 10 days, my blocks have started to trickle in (we are a very relaxed Bee which I love!) and I was not disappointed!
I tried to spend the afternoon playing with the layout, I have about half the blocks at this stage. But I was thwarted by a small lady who wanted to
Can't blame her. They look scrummy so far, no matter what way I lay them out. I have a feeling this one will be sewn up as soon as the rest of the blocks arrive.